Saturday, March 29, 2008

gElf diaries 3- zimble Myoozings

If you are reading this, please read the following before reading this-

1) http://ajithessence.blogspot.com/2008/03/gelf-diaries-part-1.html
2) http://ajithessence.blogspot.com/2008/03/gelf-diaries-2-arabian-night.html


My second weekend is just about to get over. I was chatting with my good friend VP Singh on gtalk; his status quoted a line-

“It is 12.10 and it is now..Tomorrow at 3:00, it will be now. On my deathbed it will still be now...Since it will always be now, learning to respond to 'now' is the only thing there is to learn !!!”

This is so relevant in my life today… now.

I still do not know if my stay in Dubai will continue for a few more days, months or weeks. I’m dealing now with ‘now’.

Last few days have made me quite senti. My good friend and sis Shilpi says I’m a guy who lives in the past. She is right- even literally. I’m 90 minutes behind IST.

The ECS team here has been extremely friendly and supportive- much more than I would ever have thought. It is amazing to have good friends in colleagues. Touch wood!!

Social networking is very difficult here. Orkut is banned. I guess it will take time before you get to befriend people outside one’s official circle. I wonder if I’m gonna be in Dubai that long!!!

We stay in luxury. The hotel apartment is damn decent!! The first day we met, my flatmate Abhishek and I were discussing that even if we spent our time working for the next few years, we would not able to own a 2 BHK half as luxurious as this. Nobody has a small car here. A Camry seems to be the base car and that too, used as a taxi. The roads are big and perennially in a state of jam…or so it seems. Badi badi gaadiyaan… badi badi imaaratein…

There are as many taxis here as there are buses in gurgaon… ppl say, jannat naseeb ho jaati hai, par taxi nahi… there are as many buses here as there are helicopters in delhi…there are as many plants and trees here as there are buildings taller than 20 floors in delhi…

Still wonder if there is a motivator besides money for a man to come here voluntarily.

Its amazing though how these guys have created a city out of nothing…

Let us see what d future has in store…watch this space for more…

PS- My closest of friends have been telling me that this experience will do some good to make me stronger and wiser…
Even as I write this… an evergreen Dev Anand number plays in my mind…

Jo mil gaya usee ko muqaddar samajh liya… jo kho gaya main usko bhulaata chala gaya…
gham aur khushi mein farq na mahsoos ho jahaan… main dil ko us maqaam pe laata chala gaya….

I wish I could!!!

PPS- This one is dedicated 2 VP and Shilpi…

No comments: